TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

View Single Post

Old Nov 4th, 2012, 04:34 PM   #1739
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
It was only the fith time this year that she wins back to back matches
Yes, but from a more postive outlook, her 3rd time in three weeks that she won at least 3 matches in a row.

12-2 in three weeks with 12 set straight wins is a really positive way to finish the year. And her 1st title in almost 5 years, when she had that great run winning 25ks in Istanbul, and then 2 in Australia, Port Pirie and Mount Gambier. That run of titles really was her launchpad into the top 100 and she then started 2008 full of confidence.

It's funny, Monica has almost always finished tennis seasons really well, with the exceptions of 2009 and 2010. But 2007, 2008, 2011 and 2012 were all great finishes. Now let's hope Monica can start next year as well as she finished this one. If she can she could very easily find herself at the start of March in the top 50 with virtually no ranking points to defend until close to the end of the year. That would be an eviable position to be in for sure.

Honestly, I feel very postive about 2013 for Monica. I think it is going to be easily her best year on the tour. That's just my gut feeling.