TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Things you want Maria to achieve/do in 2013.

View Single Post

Old Nov 4th, 2012, 08:37 AM   #57
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Things you want Maria to achieve/do in 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Yeah, I don't care about titles. They're never used in greatness debates anyway -- I mean even the most ardent Serena hater wouldn't claim Davenport is greater than Serena just because she has more titles
No, but I think it depends on how many more. If Serena would end up with one or two more or fewer slam titles than others I don't think that in the minds of most it makes that much of a difference when it comes to ranking them. But if she ends up with a total of around 50 titles while others have more than 100, or in the case of Court, Evert and Navratilova even more than 150 (plus many more weeks at number one)...I mean that's a HUGE difference. Not that I personally will hold that against Serena because I don't believe in a single GOAT anyway. Changing circumstances make it impossible to compare greats from different eras in my opinion. But I suspect that those who insist on doing so will make a bigger case out of (if Serena was to quit today), say, Serena's 46 WTA titles vs Navratilova's 167 than Serena's 15 slams vs Navratilova's 18.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote