TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Things you want Maria to achieve/do in 2013.

View Single Post

Old Nov 4th, 2012, 01:42 AM   #54
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Things you want Maria to achieve/do in 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven. View Post
Honestly, it doesn't even matter because other players only have so many because they vulture smaller events. If we are only looking at big titles, she is quite on par with her fellow 3-5 slam champs minus Legend. Maria has 15 big titles (4 slams, 1 yec, 10 tier 1s), Kim only has 14 (4 slams, 3 yecs, 7 tier 1s), ASV with 10 (4 slams, 6 tier 1s), Davenport with 16 (3 slams, 1 yec, 1 og gold, 11 tier 1s).

Hell Venus only has 16, Henin at 20.

I think she's doing fabulous. Of course I want her to break the 40 mark too but # of titles only really matter for all time great debates imo.

Anyway I REALLY want her to win AO cos it means it'll be the first time in her career she holds 2 slams simultaneously. Plus it means Vika won't be holding one if not any slam is fine. And plz win more tier 1 titles and end the year top 3 again.
Yeah, I don't care about titles. They're never used in greatness debates anyway -- I mean even the most ardent Serena hater wouldn't claim Davenport is greater than Serena just because she has more titles I would never trade in Maria's Australian Open final this year for any (non-Slam) hardcourt title.....well, except the YEC maybe.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote