TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Maria Sharapova Picture Thread 2012

View Single Post

Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 07:23 PM   #4150
country flag maashafan

maashafan is just really nice maashafan is just really nice maashafan is just really nice maashafan is just really nice maashafan is just really nice maashafan is just really nice maashafan is just really nice maashafan is just really nice maashafan is just really nice maashafan is just really nice maashafan is just really nice
Re: The Maria Sharapova Picture Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
One of the things I've always thought was missing from Maria over the years was upper body strength. I too have noticed that Maria's arms seem to have more muscular definition to them this year. There's no question she's in the best shape of her life. Look at Stuttgart when she defeated those 3 top 10 players in 3 days. She was the strongest player. Look at the Olympics when she had to play 6 straight days. Fatigue certainly wasn't a reason she lost to Serena in the final. Then you had that marathon against Petrova at the US Open. The marathon against Bartoli. And the marathon against Vika. She brought it hard from start to finish in all of those matches, without a hint of fatigue. She even said in her post-Vika presser that she felt fine out there in that 3rd set. And, finally, at the YEC, she was excelling while Agi looked whipped, Stosur looked whipped, and Vika looked whipped. We saw Kerber breaking down towards the end of the year. And Petra was wilting pretty much all year.

I don't recall one moment all season where Maria looked tired on court and it's certainly a big reason for her 3-set record. She has really been so committed to her off-court conditioning and I absolutely love that about her.

Sorry for going on a tangent in the Maria picture thread.
It's interesting u say that. Paradox is she seems a lil more slender lately but her arms, thighs n butts seem a lot more fuller n that cellulite on her thighs is not obvious on any other athlete than her. FO n Wimbledon pics say it all. I believe although she seems much more fuller yet she appears in a pretty defined shapely figure n not flat n flabby. Coz of this even the her face n arms/ legs are meatier, overall she gives a toned shapely n a curvy appearance n does seem to be in her best n most desired phy state ever. If only she could get those cheek bones prominent again. N remember in her own words she needs to be bikini ready n avoid sugar pova. N who knows best than her standing in front of that bathroom mirror n admiring herself n getting worried over each new fat cell than pova herself. No one else is privy to that ...... I suppose
maashafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote