TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Womens Tennis in General

View Single Post

Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 06:41 PM   #4868
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Womens Tennis in General

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
It's pretty impossible now after Petra's win. Serbia were always huge underdogs though. JJ is way past her best and a huge ask to beat Petra. The one thing JJ had is her huge patriosm and she has that attitude like the Europeans in the Ryder Cup when she plays Fed Cup. But problem now is - Petra has the weapons and is a much better player now and the Fed Cup means everything to her too. She always plays well in Fed Cup.

JJ and Ana both there in their heyday - it could have been different. But Serbia had to get up two groups to get into WG1 first. And then Serbia wasted another 2 years flip flopping down and up groups until they got into WG1 and sorry - but I blame Ana for not making herself available so many times and being so lukewarm about playing back then.

Now this year - Ana has given everything. She played her heart out today. If only a few years back she'd done that ...
I think that Serbia will be lucky to get a win here. Czechs are too strong for them to beat. JJ looks like she is done and Ana is playing better but she looks pretty tired from the whole season and physically she looks weak. I think they will give them at least run for their money but Czechs have it in the bag.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote