TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Things you want Maria to achieve/do in 2013.

View Single Post

Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 03:46 PM   #49
country flag AniaSharapova

AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold
Re: Things you want Maria to achieve/do in 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I don't know what you guys are arguing about anyway. If she keeps on winning three or four titles for the next four or five years, which is far from impossible, Sharapova's total will be well above forty.

Wozniacki-like "vulturing" of smaller events only became a crime since the Williams sisters decided that only the slams matter and they only played a handfull of tournaments besides them. Before the Williams sisters decided for the rest of us what matters and what doesn't past greats did just as much 'vulturing' as Wozniacki, which is why past greats like Court, Evert, Navratilova and Graf ended up winning more than a hundred tournaments (the first three even more than 150).
I have nothing against Caro enters small tournaments, it's her choice and her path to success.
She was just an example for me to point it out that sometimes numbers of titles doesn't mean about quality.
For me only Slams and Premier tournaments matters and it's my personal opinion which not based of what Serena or Venus told a few years ago.
AniaSharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote