TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Things you want Maria to achieve/do in 2013.

View Single Post

Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 09:57 AM   #49
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Things you want Maria to achieve/do in 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniaSharapova View Post
Exactly. Look at Wozniacki. She has 20 titles only because she enters small tournaments like Copenhagen, Brussels, New Haven etc. and winning them a few times.

Quality is more important for me than numbers. I would prefer to see Maria with 2 significant titles next season than 6 or 7 from smaller events.
I don't know what you guys are arguing about anyway. If she keeps on winning three or four titles for the next four or five years, which is far from impossible, Sharapova's total will be well above forty.

Wozniacki-like "vulturing" of smaller events only became a crime since the Williams sisters decided that only the slams matter and they only played a handfull of tournaments besides them. Before the Williams sisters decided for the rest of us what matters and what doesn't past greats did just as much 'vulturing' as Wozniacki, which is why past greats like Court, Evert, Navratilova and Graf ended up winning more than a hundred tournaments (the first three even more than 150).

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Last edited by Chrissie-fan : Nov 3rd, 2012 at 10:03 AM.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote