TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ~Ana's articles~

View Single Post

Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 02:08 PM   #3904
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Ivanovic aims to strike Czech blow
Ana Ivanovic will look to strike an early blow for Serbia when the Fed Cup Final starts in Prague.
Ivanovic is first on court for her country against holders the Czech Republic, meeting Lucie Safarova in the opening singles match.
The world number 12 carries fond memories of the Serbian men's team's victory in the Davis Cup two years ago, with the image of Novak Djokovic tearing his shirt off in celebration still fresh in the mind.
The 24-year-old will take that on court with her tomorrow [Saturday], hoping for a similar outcome on Sunday night.
"I remember a couple of years ago I was there when the men were winning and it was epic," she told the Fed Cup website.
"We will try our best and to match what the guys did would be amazing."
After the opening game, Jelena Jankovic will take on home favourite and world number eight Petra Kvitova.
"For me, personally, the inspiration is the Serbian people," said Jankovic. "I always feel an obligation to give more than 100 per cent."
Czech captain Petr Pala has opted for the experienced doubles duo of Lucie Hradecka and Andrea Hlavackova to team up in the fifth and final game on Sunday, with every chance the outcome could decide who lifts the trophy.
It remains to be seen, though, if opposite number Dejan Vranes will stick with his pair of Bojana Jovanovski and Aleksandra Krunic, especially if a first-ever title is on the line.
Pala fully expects that the overall outcome could go down to the last game, stressing how tight he believes the affair will be.
"We can expect every match to be a close one and decided by only a few points," he said.
"I hope the crowd and surface will help us get three points, but Serbia have two former world number-one players.
"They can play big matches and they are used to playing big matches. I think in this tie, anyone can beat anyone."
http://www.espnstar.com/tennis/news/...ke-Czech-blow/

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote