TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol2

View Single Post

Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 02:24 AM   #5004
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustachepova View Post
Well, I mean chances are, if your grades are amazing, you'll get in even if you didn't do a lot of volunteer work for example. If your grades are high enough, they call you for an interview and that's where they see the kind of person you really are. They're looking for well-rounded people. Is it not kinda the same everywhere else?

And average students in high school can be come doctors of course. They probably just worked their asses off to get into med school!
Not here.

Actually I will explain the French education system.

Collège / Middle school :
6eme / 5eme / 4eme / 3eme (11/15 years old)

then there are three kind of highschool.
Professional highschool : two professional years : studying while learning a job like cooking, building, etc. that kind of job.
Technical highschool, actually it's the general highschool for those who are not good in class. At the end of that school, well I am not sure but they have to complete short studies (2 years) and start working or going to the uni after these 2 extra years.. whatever it's not great.
General highschool : for the good students. That's where I went.
So there are three levels : seconde générale (and I had to pick a few options to make up my mind about my future education) then première and terminale.

So in première or terminale, you have three big fields :
Litterature and languages : after highschool, you can go to languages & literature & history & teaching & law (meh..) unis or schools.
Economics and social : everything except science stuff.
Scientific : everything, yes even languages etc. It was the best field. All the nerds/good pupils went there.

I took Scientific baccalaureat. But gosh, it was so hard in terminale (the last year), I was in the strongest class ever. Even my chem teacher (who had a 30+ years career) never witnessed that. Sooo there was that chick, she was not even topping my class, welp she finished 16th at the med school in a big city. Crazy.

So you see ? Anyone can apply to the med uni, even Litterature and languages but it's strongly unadviced of course. But yeah, you can apply to the med uni, and it's your own damn business. Here in France, you have to work your ass, and at the end of the year, if you pass the exam, then congrats you pass onto second year. The exam is extremely difficult. In France, it's 15.9% of success.

Outside from these unis, you can apply to preschools and/or private schools. But it's expensive while unis are free.
debby is offline View My Blog!