TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol2

View Single Post

Old Nov 1st, 2012, 10:54 AM   #4892
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharapovian View Post
Yeah she was a total dork during the whole ceremony. Didn't you feel bad for Justine though?
Of course I did I was crushed by this loss. But I couldn't be mad at Maria, she looked so happy and so sweet. Even Justine couldn't help but smile when Maria made the thingy on the trophy fall And I mean... 2006 was quite beautiful yet hard to deal with.. she had a fantastic year but it was quite soul-crushing ( ), especially Wimbledon that she will never have. and she was so close to achieve a calendar grand slam + Fed Cup + YEC. When you think about it, JH might have overachieved but at the same time, there is that wasted potential. I don't even know how to feel about her career

Quote:
As long as you don't turn your back on us then it's all good.
To be honest, I think it had everything with Justine. You know, Maria was her biggest challenger, Serena was ofc her biggest rival, but with Maria things were different. I didn't want Maria to overshadow JuJu Then she retired, Maria was injured so I started to feel bad for her... then JH came back, and I reaaaally didn't want Maria to beat her on clay.
But when Justine retired for good, well What matters the most ? Still hating on someone because she is still playing and might achieve great things in tennis? That's so silly. When Maria won RG, I was actually very thrilled for her, and had that Wimbledon closure with Justine commentating her final. She said that while she may have been unlucky to have never won Wimbledon, she didn't fight as much as Maria to get the missing Slam, and that's why she was happy for Maria, and was not bitter at all.
So why the heck would I be bitter ? HHQ was full of bitter Jujutards. It was funny to read.

Quote:
Yeah great summer for him. Imagine if he had won Wimbledon as well, then him and Serena would have similar achievements in the second half of the year. But finally winning a grand slam must have been a huge relief for him and his fans.

I don't think many people here like him, but I am one of the few. It can be frustrating being his fan at times I will say though, even more than Maria.

Don't know if anyone is still here, but I should probably go now, it's late.
OMG !!! IKR ! But Wimbledon will be for next year. Indeed, what a relief ! Not gonna lie, I cried of relief and happiness when he won the US Open. My Murray stanning reaches Justine stanning level, so it's scary ! Oh yes, extremely frustrating. He is such a headcase with so much talent all that choking all these wasted opportunities ! and that big 3 (now big 4 )

Where do you live?
debby is offline View My Blog!