TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

View Single Post

Old Oct 30th, 2012, 08:51 PM   #2411
country flag XTN

XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Anthropic View Post
After thumping Claudia Porwick in 34 minutes in Berlin in 1987, she joked: "It was icy cold when we started the match, so I thought I'd better get it over with quickly."

And I haven't scratched the surface. I mean, sometimes her humor is the off-kilter variety, or playing the bumbling fool variety, or the "brick joke" variety, so a lot of people won't/don't appreciate it, but it's there.
It's amazing how quick matches went by back in the day. I wonder how many matches Steffi won in under 40 minutes.

Of course there is that famous "Steffi, will you marry me?" response as well as her answer-in-the-form-of-a-question to the reporter who asked her if there is anything that gives her a buzz like tennis does haha --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKthgogpjr4
XTN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote