TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Oct 30th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #4502
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Bruce, how du you feel about Mexico City as the possible next YEC host?
Given that it's at altitude and often has a bit of smog,Petra would probably do awfully there,so Caro is my best bet for a memorable time as a visitor.If she doesn't have a shot as a Top 8 seed,then I probably won't even try to go.

It's a long hike down there for me and the traffic is horrible in the city,but I'm sure the organizers would plan around that.We definitely have the resources there,and there would be plenty of spots of cultural interest for the players.However,we have a fairly poor legacy in tennis,so we'd likely need major marquee names like the WS,Sharapova and,to a lesser extent,Vika,to attract ideal,healthy crowds.Your post is the first I've heard of this,and I'll add that,because of the difficulty breathing at altitude,Caro might have an advantage,stamina-wise,in longer matches

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!