TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Following the Family Tradition: Maria Sakkari

View Single Post

Old Oct 30th, 2012, 04:09 AM   #47
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Following the Family Tradition: Maria Sakkari

I posted it in the USO forum, but it's probably hard to see since its in the archives . So I'll send you a PM, just remind me if I forget

Maria's mother had another commercial for rexona

Back to Maria, things haven't been going very well lately
As chingching mentioned, she lost in the R16 of 10K Kalamata to Palmigiano (#971), but I actually expected this result because I knew Palmigiano was dangerous and under ranked. But Maria probably had SPs in both sets looking at the scoreline . And her first round win over Irini Papageorgiou was by retirement, which worries me since Irini is only 19 and has had tons of injuries already and then she pulled out of the next few tournaments

Then she played two 25Ks in Lagos, Nigeria, and she probably expected easy points, but in the end she just wasted her time and travel money, as she probably would've gained more points if she just stayed in Greece

The first one she lost to Rishika Sunkara (IND, #625) 3-6 2-6
Okay, I know Sunkara is ranked higher than Maria so I wasn't 100% certain that Maria would win, but I still expected more of a fight . I mean she couldn't really get a much easier 25K first round (unless she was lucky enough to draw a Nigerian wildcard)

And then the second one was bad too. She lost to (Q) Zarah Razafimahatratra (MAD, NR) 2-6 2-6. It was expected really, as this girl reached e QF the previous week in Lagos, beating two players in the top 550 before taking a set off of #91 Bratchikova in the QF . And then Maria withdrew from her doubles R1 with Tomova, I'm not sure why she never plays doubles . So basically she wasted her time in Nigeria, I just hope she can do well in Heraklion to end her season, but she is on a 3 match losing streak and I think she reached her maximum tournament count because of the age eligibility rules

In all this time she got her ranking up to 568, a new career-high, but now she's back down to 627

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote