TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Vamos Valentini Grammatikopoulou!! Cheering thread!

View Single Post

Old Oct 30th, 2012, 03:11 AM   #33
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Vamos Valentini Grammatikopoulou!! Cheering thread!

Since then, Valentini has played a 10K in Belgium where she qualified with ease. In the first round, she played (2) Patrycja Sanduska (POL, #381). Valentini put up an excellent fight, but unfortunately lost 4-6 4-6. Still, a very encouraging scoreline. The fact that she played a competitive match against a top 400 player and she is still just 15 is amazing. In that same tournament, she rached the doubles final (!!!) with German Lena Lutzeier

A photo from the doubles final:

Unfortunately, things since then haven't been that great for Valentini. She played the 10K in Kalamata, Greece and qualified easily but then surprisingly lost 3-6 3-6 in the opening round of the main draw to Afroditi Latinopoulou (GRE, NR). I like Afroditi and she is a solid player but Valentini really should've won that match. Then, Valentini got a WC for the 10K in Mytilini but lost R1 to Kathinka Von Diechmann (LIE, NR, 17 yo) 4-6 0-6. Von Diechmann is a young player who reached the final in Kalamata so it isn't a bad loss at all, even though she is unranked at the moment. However, the scoreline isn't very promising and then she lost R1 doubles with countrywoman Angeliki Kairi 0-6 1-6 to Stemmer GER/Von Diechmann LIE . I didn't expect them to win, but the scoreline is horrendous. Then she played a 10K in Heraklion and got a wildcard but lost R1 6-3 5-7 1-6 to Natalia Siedliska (POL, #884, 16 yo) and withdrew from doubles. I don't know what to say but that scoreline looks like a choke . I expected Valentini to get a WTA ranking after these 6 Greek tournaments but now after the first 3 she has lost some matches she should've won...

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Tatishvili. Flipkens. Pironkova.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote