TennisForum.com - View Single Post - YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

View Single Post

Old Oct 29th, 2012, 04:09 PM   #1218
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I just don't see it I rewatched the Olympics final the other day, and I really tried to watch it as unbiasedly as I could, and although Serena served extremely well (though, her first-serve % and service speeds were pretty close today to the OG, they just got less reward on slower surface...the only big difference in her serving today was a few more doublefaults), but off the ground I just didn't see the calibre of shotmaking that there was from Serena today. There just weren't that many "WOW!" shots from her in that Olympics match imo (and again, I'm not saying she didn't "deserve" it, she can only beat who's in front of her and it's not her fault that Maria was terrible that day and didn't make Serena play well), whereas there were 3 WOW shots from Serena in just the last game of today's match alone
Well, as you say, she didn't really need that many "wow shots" in the Wimbledon final (although her level of serving was definitely wow-worthy), but I was not talking specifically about the Maria match but about her level at the tournament as a whole. Maria definitely played a much, much better match this time though. Perhaps it has to do with the surface and probably with her making a good start this time which must have come as a relieve. Maria didn't play hoping not to be humiliated, she played to win (which is of course the only way to avoid being humiliated).

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote