TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Your thoughts of Maria's 2012 :)

View Single Post

Old Oct 29th, 2012, 03:06 AM   #24
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of
Re: Your thoughts of Maria's 2012 :)

Maria's 2012 in pictures for me... – part 3
STUTTGART 2012
Maria enters Stuttgart... We are all thrilled, thinking – cool, she is adding another clay tounrament to prepare herself for her "worst" surface, without realizing what comes... In her first match Masha plays a bit shaky, isn't that solid.. But then comes one of best WTA matches of 2012 – her QF against Stosur... An epic 3 setter!!! An amazing fight! Masha ends up winning it 7-5 in the 3rd set...

A tough battle against Kvitova follows; we are scared since Kvitova is the indoor GOAT and because of the history of difficult matches between them... Maria prevails, wins in 2, ends Kvitova's amazing indoor record and moves into another final... against Vika.. Caution is the word... We didn't know what to expect.. Maria played yet again one of her best matches and defeated her main rival brilliantly.. She is thrilled, we are thrilled... and she wins a beautiful car... ClayPova was born in this tournament!!!! Brilliant play.

MADRID 2012
Maria struggled on the nice on tv, but not in reality- new blue clay, and lost to Serena in QFs.. Barely moved well in that match... Too tight.. Serena later won the title.

ROME 2012
Maria is defending the title.. Will she do it? Can she do it?
She reached the final.. And the final turned out to be very.. odd... Masha was on the losing end and even was at risk of getting bagelled in the 2nd set... But somehow, with her not giving up and with Li Na getting tight.. she fought teeth and nails and.. WON! YAY! ClayPova wa there to stay!!! But what an epic match that was, full of crazy and drama... sirenes, helicopters flying, rain and more rain, muddy court and rain delay and waiting for 3h to play an epic tiebreak!!! Hats off to both girls for playing in the conditions (while the ATP elite players couldn't).. We got an amazing handhsake at the end from both Max's girls..

ROLAND GARROS 2012
Practice.. The impossible is possible.. Maria smiling next to Serena and her team.. And people guessing; is that a sunscreen? a deodorant?

We were very scared about her potential match against Serena, but Serena shocked the world by losing early in round 1... The draw was open...
From round 1 Maria had an amazing aura around her to me... I loved her dress, it made her look strong and intimidating... And I loved her jacket... And boy did she rock the 1st round!!!

And 2nd and 3rd!!! In the mean time she produced again amazing interviews off court and a stunning look aswell...

Then round 4 came... Bad weather in Paris, bad day of play for Maria, struggled a lot... But managed to win a difficult 3 set match! In which AngryPova paid a visit and had a small argument with the umpire to spice it up a bit... And in which Maria reminded us why she used to call herself ğa cow on iceĞ.

Maria improved in her next round and showed a brilliant play in very windy conditions and in SF defeated Kvitova again... By that time Maria knew, she'd be no.1 in the next week.. The joy on her face was priceless!!! So was our joy! Finally, she managed to climb back on top, after so many years of struggling and she reached her 1st final in RG!!! On clay!!! Unbelievable..

The final came... Maria was the heavy favourtie against an inspired Sara Errani... Cannot say that some of us weren't worried, with questions- is she gonna do it, can she hold her nerve... She did!!! Amazingly.. And WON!!!!! After an hour and 29 min Maria was on her knees!!!! Again a Grand Slamp Champion!!! Winning on Roland Garros, a tournament she herself sometimes doubted that she would have one day!!! Completing a Career Grand Slam!!! After all the struggles she was trully back! And in style! Dreams do come true... We were in 9th Heaven and full of pride!!! *tears up*

This tournament was like it was written in Heaven.. Like it was meant to be for her... I had the same feelings like I did for Roger's Roland Garros in 2009.. And it was even sweeter when Monica Seles, the player who Maria admired to watch when she was little, gave her the trophy...