TennisForum.com - View Single Post - YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

View Single Post

Old Oct 29th, 2012, 12:47 AM   #1189
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc-spurs View Post
I hope Maria doesn't play Brisbane. I've liked the no-match play results she's been getting.
I agree. She should take a page out of Serena's playbook and save her body as much as possible. Just look at her Aussie Open results this year, after she rested that ankle and skipped the first tournament. She looked sharp and fresh throughout, until the Final.

Not playing Brisbane and starting her season in Melbourne would give her some extra weeks off. Though, when Maria announced she was playing Brisbane, she sounded excited, so I don't think she has any intention of missing it.

The governing body should find a way to have their WTA Championship take place at the start of October instead of the end to give the players more time off. The off-season is way too short.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote