TennisForum.com - View Single Post - YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

View Single Post

Old Oct 28th, 2012, 08:24 PM   #1152
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

I just watched the replay on ESPN. At no moment did I ever feel that Serena was stressed or in danger of losing momentum. It didn't even look like she was trying hard and, yet, everything just explodes off of her racket and she covers the court in a flash. Maria was giving every ounce of what she had, playing really well at times, and she still looked like an amateur in comparison. Just utterly futile. I have no answers. I see nothing Maria can do to beat her, other than Serena imploding with errors. And you know Serena would never let that happen against Maria.

It just sucks a lot of the fun out of watching women's tennis when you know Serena is always waiting. As scintillating as the Vika win was yesterday, we barely had 24 hours to enjoy it before reality hit again.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote