TennisForum.com - View Single Post - YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

View Single Post

Old Oct 28th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #1150
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of
Re: YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

So proud of Maria!
First to talk about today:
I liked her behaviour today, she was fighting, wasn't all scared and frozen... She gave all she could and she lost to a great champion. Nothing to be ashamed of. In this tournament she produced some good tennis, some amazing willpower (against Aga and Azarenka) and managed to fight some of her demons. One simply cannot ask for more.

Then about this season:
O M G! Thank you, Maria and thank you, God! Amazing season... Almost dream-like. Ok, I know she is 3/9 in finals, but then again if you think; has she ever reached so many finals in one year? When was the last time that she was a Slam champion, a runner up and a semifinalist? It is really harsh to nitpick and go in dissections if she clearly had the best year of her career.. I would like to re-cap it with pictures later if you allow me (will do it in Pictures thread)...
CONGRATULATIONS, MARIA!!! You did us; your fans, your family and your country proud!

About the WTA:
Stunning season and a stunning (almost) end to it. I don't remember when was the last time that I enjoyed all the matches in YEC so much. And the atmosphere in Istanbul was simply amazing! Well done!!!
And what a season we had, huh? A dominant no.1! And a very strong top 4!!! And career best years for so many players: Serena, Maria, Victoria, Angelique, Agnieska... A big applause for them all! And for all the top girls and for all the other girls, because we had some amazingly thrilling matches all season!

And about Eurosport:
Thank you for all the great years! It will be devastating not to see tennis on it next year.. I almost feel like a big era/chapter ends. I will miss it.. I just hope some European tv that all of us can watch will get the rights! Since 7 top 10 players come from European countries, it is a pity that such a strong television lost the rights... But I guess that is how economy spins...
On to the expectations of new!

WTA girls, enjoy your vacations, rest, off season, exhibitions! See you next year! Hopefully it will be an amazing year aswell!

As for you my Masha fans, I am sorry that I rant sometimes, am overtly pessimistic etc. Thank you for baring with me!
And let's hope we can watch tomorrow's exhibition on some stream, shall we? We have now Maria going to Czech republic and to Moscow on Tuesday! Wahooo!