TennisForum.com - View Single Post - YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

View Single Post

Old Oct 28th, 2012, 08:10 PM   #1147
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
By the way: I want you guys' serious opinions on this. Am I just deluded, or does anyone else agree that this is the second-best match Serena has played against Maria (after the AO07)? I just don't see that she played anywhere near as well at the Olympics. Or am I deluding myself?
I think that Serena's level at the Olympics was the most impressive I've ever seen by anyone. Perhaps that Graf, Evert, Navratilova, Court or one of the other oldies have ever done anything comparable in the days of old, but I can't remember anyone in recent history ever being so much better than the competition as Serena was at the Olympics.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote