TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

View Single Post

Old Oct 28th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #2407
country flag Stef-fan

Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Asked how she would describe her year, when her match record was 75-2, Graf answered in a long, obviously preconceived soliloquy that mentioned many of her 1987 tour victories.

"Yesterday [Saturday] I took a long time to fall asleep," Graf said. "I was thinking of how to describe my year. I had a weird thing going on. I'm going to describe my year like I was cooking and making a menu card.

"For an appetizer, I had Boca Raton and Key Biscayne. For the main dish, I had a hearty and tender French Open topped off with Berlin and Rome. On the side, I had Wimbledon and U.S. Open finals.

"But the bad thing about my cooking was that I didn't take enough salt and pepper on both of them.

"For dessert and I like dessert very much I had Hamburg and Zurich, and best of all, New York.

"That's how I describe 1987. It was very tasteful. "

And entertaining.

Comparing the year to a menu card, yum.......
Still bummed of how she was described by many as a one dimensional tennis machine and nothing more.
In a way, glad that the press got her wrong
Stef-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote