TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Womens Tennis in General

View Single Post

Old Oct 28th, 2012, 02:00 AM   #4811
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Womens Tennis in General

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
He likes to argue
His Caroline arguments in GM were right on.
You dont win 20 titles, over $12 million in prizemoney, 67 weeks at #1, while you're just turning 22, unless you're an excellent player.

People would argue about Caro's style of play, and forehand.
Even her dad criticised her early coaches.
But if you watched Sharapova's criticism of tennis academies, she said watching 10 year olds hitting groundstrokes for 6 hours a day might look impressive, but it doesnt bring out the quality of their games.

I agree with that. Caroline's style of play, is unique to her, and something that brought out her quality.
When they change things, they have to be careful to keep the quality, and it looks like she's getting it back recently. But we wont know until she's in top level draws like AO
Sharapova is right. What happened to mini tennis as a tool to promote game in young players? As for Caro I enjoyed The kremlin cup because the surface brought some equality and seemed to make the tactical game more important. Rather than increasing joint tournaments, i wonder if it wouldn't be better for the WTA to focus more on surfaces that suit the women's game better?