TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

View Single Post

Old Oct 27th, 2012, 12:29 PM   #4549
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
If she finishes YE #10 instead of #11, she'll receive about a million dollars in bonus money she wouldn't otherwise get. Caro is a millionaire many times over, but it's still a nice pile of money.
Regarding the scheduling freedom, is there any of the mandatory tournaments Caro is 'forced' to play as top 10, which she'd want to skip if she were #11? I don't think so. And as for being allowed to play only one International each half year, I don't really see that many Internationals Caro might be interested in playing with Copenhagen out of the picture.

NB: Copenhagen is still on the tournament list for 2013, but I haven't heard anything about someone else wanting to take up the mantle since Nordic Sports Group pulled out in August, so I expect it to be removed soon.
http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-A...endar_2013.pdf
Fair point. The only exceptions I can think of is if she happened to lose early at an event like Indian Wells and wanted to get a wildcard at an international event (like Petra did in 2011).

If Caroline did end 2012 outside the top ten I believe that her schedule in 2013 would look very similar to how it looked in 2012.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!