TennisForum.com - View Single Post - YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

View Single Post

Old Oct 26th, 2012, 01:16 AM   #765
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

Vika got a taste of what Maria has experienced too often in big matches. A complete painful collaspe of her serve and paying dearly for it. I don't think she had any aces and made 9 DFs. Double faulted to lose the first set and double faulted on match point. Dreadful. To her credit, she made both sets competitive and broke Serena a number of times. But Serena did what I wish Maria could do a lot better, which is punish that weaksauce serving of Vika's. Serena was down two breaks in the second set and it didn't phase her a bit. She destroyed her serve when needed and won 6 of the last 7 games in the second.

I know it's probably unreasonable to expect Maria to do things that Serena does so effortlessly, but I don't think it's too much to ask that Maria does a better job at breaking Vika. Her serve is more vulnerable than Maria's, IMO.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote