TennisForum.com - View Single Post - YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

View Single Post

Old Oct 25th, 2012, 06:07 PM   #792
country flag killerqueen

killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future
Re: YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

Oh cool, nobody seems to have mentioned it, but on account of winning last night, Maria has secured YE#2, regardless of what Serena does in this event/to her. Also, I believe the door could potentially be open for her to snatch #1, contrary to what others have said.

To do so, Maria would need to win the tournament unbeaten, which would give her 1500 points. In addition, she needs Li to eliminate Azarenka tomorrow, meaning Maria would claim #1 by the narrowest of margins. It won't happen, but it's still there I think!

Tennis Tipping Rank: 117 (singles), 85 (doubles)
Doubles Titles: WTA Luxembourg 2013, ITF x5
killerqueen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote