TennisForum.com - View Single Post - YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

View Single Post

Old Oct 25th, 2012, 08:25 AM   #782
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold
Re: YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

I went to bed when it was 5-7, 2-2. Until then, it had been a tragic mixture of joy and pain, with the latter one prevailing. Maria was producing some excellent winners but also a huge number of unexplainable mistakes, not to forget DFs at some critical moments.
Like it was commented in the live scoring thread, the Miami ghosts started to appear.
Therefore I was more than happy this morning to be greeted by the news that Maria pulled it through, after almost 200 minutes of battling.
I don’t think she will be happy about her performance, despite the victory. Once again, too many errors and missed opportunities. She needs to step up her game big time if she wants to make it to the final.
On the other hand, only great champions can win matches like these. In my view, the only ones that can still win matches against a top 5 player even by firing some 20 odd errors per set are Maria and Serena.
On to the Semis…..good luck!
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote