TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Official Live Scoring Thread! vol.13

View Single Post

Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:25 PM   #5838
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Official Live Scoring Thread! vol.13

I wanted the account of the whole match, so, I look at the live score thread...ok...page 230, must have been a long match...so, I go back to 220, just catch the word today in the top post...210, 193? 183? 173? finally find the start of the match...go for a couple pages....it takes forever to figure out who won a point....start skipping five pages, almost never get a score, just screaming, and cursing at the worst tennis player who ever lived....took it page by page when it must have been 5-5...Maria lost 7-5. skipped a few pages, found 4-4, but almost never anything more definite....I knew Maria must be down 5-4, and at one point, because of the posting, it sounded like the match was over.7-5,7-5. Exruciating to finally get to the end of the second set Maria winning....more of the same, for the third set....then, I noticed there were only a couple pages left to get to the last page, and it looked like there was not enough time for Maria to do anything other than lose....then I realized....it had taken so long to go through more than fifty pages, 1,250 posts that there was time....the match was still going on at 5-5 when I finished all the posts, and I had to keep waiting for posts that told me.

I could have gone to live score or something.....but what fun would that have been. Thanks.