TennisForum.com - View Single Post - YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

View Single Post

Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 07:57 PM   #471
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerqueen View Post
No. Rankings only count in the draw forthe round Robbin stage of the YEC. The semi finals are decided by results of each group - the winner of one group plays the runner up of the other in the SF.
OK. So a SF battle with Vika is still possible. I think Maria still believes deep down she can beat Vika on a hard court and wouldn't mind getting one more shot at her.

I would just like to see Maria bring her "A" game for once when facing Vika or Serena. As has been mentioned, Serena can play like garbage for long stretches against the likes of Vika, Kerber, Agi, Woz, and other players. And Vika, to a lesser extent, can play down to the competition. But when those two see Maria across the net, like clockwork, they raise their game to absurd levels, seemingly never giving Maria ANYTHING resembling a free point or free game. Maria's best option is to play brilliant herself to counter them. But she never seems to be able to do that against those two.(Other than Stuttgart)
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote