TennisForum.com - View Single Post - YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

View Single Post

Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 04:55 PM   #451
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
Na has a great shot if she brings her brain, although that's a very big if these days. If she's Serena's first opponent I can see her winning, she has a good record against Kerber and there's no reason why she can't beat Vika. Serena will want to dish revenge on Kerber so she probably won't lose that and it's not as if she'll lose to Vika.

You have to favour Vika/Serena making it but Serena/Li is a real possibility. If Serena's very sloppy then it could also be Vika/Li.
Strange as it may sound, I think that Serena is the big questionmark of the tournament. If she's at her best she's obviously the big favorite, but she hasn't played since the USO and could be a bit rusty. Plus, is her mind fully on the job and has she prepared or is she saving herself for next year? Azarenka rarely plays below a certain level and I'd be very surprised if she doesn't qualify for the semis.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote