TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Donna Vekic

Thread: Donna Vekic
View Single Post

Old Oct 18th, 2012, 07:28 PM   #2563
country flag Wintermute

Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Donna is an Italian word meaning "lady." It's a common woman's name in the US (think Donna Summer) but I don't think it's used as a name in Italy.
Oops I didn't mean it was an Italian name, I meant the origin of the word was Italian.

From wikipedia:
Quote:
Donna is an English language feminine first name meaning lady in Italian. The original meaning is closer to lady of the home and was a title of respect, equivalent to Don for men.
And another possible origin which I'd never heard of before:

Quote:
It is the modern feminine form of “Donald” meaning “world ruler,” which has Gaelic origins.
Wintermute is offline View My Blog!