TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Mona Barthel

Thread: Mona Barthel
View Single Post

Old Oct 18th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #4514
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mona Barthel

Mona . Woke up from a nap to see the final game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
4-5,
Hard to believe that she take the second set.
Well picked, although in Mona's case I suppose that was always the most likely result of serving to stay in the match. When you're winning 52% of serving points overall the chance of holding such a pressure game is small. Actually I thought she didn't do too badly in that last service game until the last point or two. She managed to get some first serves in but they weren't really fast and Venus hit strong returns off them. However once Venus got to 15-40 you knew she wasn't going to make the serve.

How did she play the rest of the time? It's hard to assess the result because Venus is capable of playing extraordinary tennis and also awful tennis, sometimes in the same day.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!