TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Aussies in WTA events

View Single Post

Old Oct 16th, 2012, 01:02 PM   #1128
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of
Re: Aussies in WTA events

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
I kind of agree that Sam's attitude needs to change, but that can only happen within realistic parameters. Personally I don't think Sam will ever have the killer instinct of a Sharapova or a Serena, it's just not in her nature. From that point of view getting pissed off with herself after bad losses could hurt her as well as help her.

I do think she needs more of a plan B for matches where some young fearless thing decides to chance her arm, which unfortunately because of Sam's reputation is just about every low ranked youngster with an aggressive game. She needs to be thinking all the time, this girl doesn't usually get away with playing like this against top players, why am I letting her get away with it now? What can I do that she won't like, that will make her play badly like she usually does? The crux is that she's letting these girls dictate the terms of play. She's the one who should be doing that.
In my opinion it's a technique thing as well, Sam struggles when opponents attack her or move her around the court. Well it's true for most players, but more so for Sam because she doesn't have the feel when defending. Basically she commits heaps of forced errors. She likes getting easy balls that sit up so she can dictate play.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote