TennisForum.com - View Single Post - YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

View Single Post

Old Oct 15th, 2012, 09:21 PM   #170
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM_1257 View Post
That is true. I agree. We will have to wait and see.

Um.. But the problem is that Maria doesn't play her game when playing Vika; her game is taken away from her by Vika.
Her game isn't taken away though IMO.
I mean even from her Beijing match it was clear that whenever she blasted the ball into the corners she won a point. However, that only happened towards the end of both sets. What Maria was doing was 3/4 her shots back and force with no real angle or direction, presumably she was waiting to come in on the shorter ball but even when she got that chance she didn't come in (something that's been a big problem this year). Even though she hit some sizzlers to end those rallies 9/10 times she made the error. Instead of waiting for her chance to take a kill shot she should be blasting it CC with an angle. Because it ONLY take ONE big shot like that to end the point with Vika, especially if you hit it to her FH.

Oh, and BH DTL is essential also. Plus the serve, I mean she served like Vika in Beijing, flop pace with mediocre placement.