TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 2014 FIA Formula 1 world championship

View Single Post

Old Oct 15th, 2012, 11:40 AM   #460
country flag August

August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future
Re: 2012 FIA Formula 1 World Championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jean* View Post
Is it me or the races have become more and more boring as the season goes on? Is it because the teams manage the Pirelli tyres better? Those tyres used to be unpredictable, but it seems that these days are over...
That depends on what you think is boring. This season's Pirellis have been unpredictable, but I think they were too unpredictable. I didn't like the clownish races of Montreal and Valencia at all. But maybe I'm a fan of boring races, one of my favourite performances was Schuey and Ferrari changing 3-stop strategy to 4-stopper to get past slower Alonso in France 2003.

And anyway, I don't desire many overtakings, but what I'd like to see would be different tracks more clearly suiting to other teams, making the season more interesting. All the new circuits are too similar, Monza and Spa can produce surprising results even in non-clownish race, remember Force India in 2009.

And I'd like to see again tyre war. Differences between tyre brands would would give advantage to other teams in other races. And different tyres between brands might lead to different tyre strategies, another brand might degrade faster, leading to one more pit stop.
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote