TennisForum.com - View Single Post - YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

View Single Post

Old Oct 15th, 2012, 01:15 AM   #159
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Feel like it's the 10th time I've said this in recent weeks, but this tournament is literally the best chance Maria has to beat Serena. No wind to trigger the doublefaults, a slow surface to give her more time to get a hold on Serena's serve.

I honestly feel this has potential to be a monstrously good tournament for Maria (we all saw her great her serve could be in Stuttgart if she doesn't have to worry about the outdoor elements), and to me Beijing gave me the conclusion that she's not so fatigued that she's not capable of playing good tennis. But with that said it won't matter one jot if she's as headcasey as she's been lately.
Completely agree. I'm still not convinced Serena will show up though.

Maria's level of play against Kerber in Beijing showed me that the powerhouse hitting of pre-surgery Pova is still there, and like you said in your other post it's all about her head. The good news is that she'll be a huge underdog if and when she faces Vika and Serena, which means she can take that opportunity to open up her shoulders and let it rip. She's taken enough beatings from the pair of them this year so I'm thinking this tournament could be the moment when she says, "enough is enough." If Serena doesn't show up I won't be satisfied with anything less than a title, as crazy as that sounds

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote