TennisForum.com - View Single Post - YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

View Single Post

Old Oct 14th, 2012, 11:33 PM   #168
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute
Re: YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

Vika is a different style of player to Masha so I wouldn't consider her 'better'. IMO Vika is a defensive baseliner with an excellent return game and great balance. Whereas Masha is eternally offensive, something which posters haven't given Masha enough credit for as over the clay season she mixed defence with offence.

However, if you compare Masha vs Rena, then ofc Rena is the more talented player. Masha herself isn't naturally gifted at tennis but my God she has worked so hard to utilise the best of her abilities. Her CCBH is the best in the game IMO and her mentality too is sensational, you cannot train self-belief. Like you said MM, any title post shoulderpova is an achievement, but I think we as fans are expecting way more than to just be 'grateful' at another title because she's been so consistent this year and come so close to winning titles only to fail at the last hurdle. I think 2013 will be a different year, I don't think she'll win as many matches but I think she'll win the important ones.

This year has been excellent proof of her consistency, don't you all agree?
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote