TennisForum.com - View Single Post - WTA Katowice 2013? (International 220k$)

View Single Post

Old Oct 14th, 2012, 08:45 PM   #66
country flag TeraByte

TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold
Re: WTA Katowice 2013? (International 220k$)

http://www.dziennikzachodni.pl/artyk...chca,id,t.html (Tomasz Kuczyński in "Dziennik Zachodni" [West Daily], 2012-10-06)

We are saying „yes” but it is just preliminary stage of the negotiations, we will make the final decision before the end of this year – says Ewelina Kajzerek, President’s of Katowice P roxy for Sport (…) I don’t know what is the source of the Internet information that the matches in the Spodek will be played on clay – marvels Kajzerek. We were only talking about artificial surface.
We also know that we will need a practice court, but these are just technical details. For the time being we have to agree with representatives of organizers on financial issues. For us very important is the city budget for next year and possible expenditure on sports events. (…)

Anyway I agree with ozza that at this time of the year an indoor clay tournament would make more sense and would probably draw more attention of serious players and public, as a kind of a warm-up before Stuttgart and the whole Europe CC season.

Last edited by TeraByte : Oct 14th, 2012 at 08:53 PM.
TeraByte is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote