TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Julia`s season`s end 2012 - Linz and Luxembourg and ?

View Single Post

Old Oct 14th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #88
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future
Re: Julia`s season`s end 2012 - Linz and Luxembourg and ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispeker View Post
Not so long ago I wanted her to get a mental coach. Seems like she doesn't need one anymore. Yes, she still got her ups and downs during matches, but at some point she picks herself up again and starts to fight back. I didn't see that before from her. If she keeps this attitude up, then we can definitely expect her to achieve something big next year.
It's definitely not the first time. I don't remember any major comeback at Stuttgart 2011, but there was at least one at Madrid (against Woz, so you might argue that it doesn't count ), there was AO this year, Dubai, OG (final set against Aga) etc. Perhaps she showed her best tennis here and she exaggerated (in a positive way) with the volleys, but I think that's not entirely new either (for istance, she came to the net 21 times against Dani and 22 times against Woz in the Stuttgart final). Perhaps what's new is the fact that she came a lot to the net in every match and that she has more control of the BH volley (while compromising aesthetics ). Oh, and they seem more aggressive now and she comes very close to the net. Also, what JD said

Now it's interesting to see if there really is something new or just a random good week. I still think it depends mostly on her physical conditioning, not on her "mental toughness", but that's probably just me

Last edited by Skoo : Oct 14th, 2012 at 03:30 PM.
Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote