TennisForum.com - View Single Post - [Who? What? Where?] - Week 11 (S1) - Amelia Island (PRE) (W-Venus Williams)

View Single Post

Old Oct 13th, 2012, 11:42 PM   #62
country flag Justin SW
Member of Rena's Army

Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [Who? What? Where?] - Week 11 (2012) - Amelia Island (PRE)

Serena Williams advances to Amelia Island final

Q. Serena, do you think that's about as well as you've ever played at all, and especially on clay?

SERENA WILLIAMS: Yeah, I have to say this is probably the best match I've played in my career either in a long time or it's up there in the Top 5, mainly because Angie is such an excellent clay court player, so yeah, so I think that playing someone that's so good, Top 10, Top 5 and just doing so well is a really good match for me.

Q. Serena, what specifically do you think you did especially well today?

SERENA WILLIAMS: I don't know. I think I didn't make a lot of mistakes today. I had my unforced errors pretty low. I was really relaxed out there, and I love that I'm playing some great tennis in my career at this point.

Q. Did we see you in the zone?

SERENA WILLIAMS: Yeah. I think I was just -- you know, just one of those days that I could have done anything today against anybody. Maybe I could have played Andy again today and beat him. (Laughs). So danger. I'm definitely ready for him now. Today. Just today.

Q. Serena, it seems like you and Angie have a lot of mutual respect. She was saying that you kind of just kept bringing the goods today and everything. How important is it to have those players that you kind of get up for maybe a little bit more, rivals and stuff?

SERENA WILLIAMS: I don't think I necessarily get up for her. I think she's a great player. I think when you're playing someone like her, you have to play well or you're going to lose. So that's how it was in my mindset, okay, I'm playing Angie, a great player, so either I come or go home. Go big or go home. Life.

Q. Serena, an off-topic question. Do you ever look at the photographers and notice them, where they're focusing, hear the clicking, anything like that?

SERENA WILLIAMS: Actually I do and I shouldn't. Very rare but like sometimes when you're serving, your eye line is just kind of there, so naturally you see them. But I don't necessarily focus on them.