TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Julia`s season`s end 2012 - Linz and Luxembourg and ?

View Single Post

Old Oct 13th, 2012, 11:23 PM   #76
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Julia`s season`s end 2012 - Linz and Luxembourg and ?

Quote:
The No.5-seeded Goerges had a much tougher day at the office, dropping the first set to Kirsten Flipkens in 28 minutes, but she adjusted her game and eventually battled past the Belgian qualifier in three sets, 16 62 63.

"I can only be proud of my performance today," Goerges said. "Not the first set - she wasn't making any mistakes and I was rushing too much - but in the second set I got back into the match and wasn't giving her any free points.

"I made it tough for her and it finally worked out."

Azarenka leads Goerges in their head-to-head, 3-1, and in the only loss, she had to retire from the match due to injury after winning the first set.

"Julia is a very unpredictable player," Azarenka said. "She goes for her shots a lot and sometimes what she does doesn't depend on you at all. I've played her a few times and it's never easy. It's definitely going to be a tough battle.

"Also, I really like Julia as a person. She's really fun and always very nice. We always talk when we're at tournaments and have a really good relationship. And she always says nice things to me and congratulates me on Twitter."

"First of all, I want to enjoy the final - it has been a long season and it's nice to see my game is still there and improving," Goerges said. "Also it's nice to be in another final here - I won my first WTA title in Austria - so hopefully I do well.

"You always want to play against the best players in the world so you can see what level you're at. I will try my best tomorrow and we'll see what happens."
http://www.wtatennis.com/news/201210...256076_2948084