TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova's YEC 2012 (1 match and a withdrawal)

View Single Post

Old Oct 13th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #75
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova's YEC 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Well, they are clueless cause of their mistakes (too numerous to mention, but hopefully you read the prior threads documenting them). The latest one being, Petra essentially admitting that they haven't really used any (or much) male hitting partners this year. And all of a sudden when Petra's discusses it, she's extolling the virtues of them (albeit Junior boys), and how they can help her game and prepare for the YEC, as if no one knew that.
Yeah. The thing is that I don't read much into reports like that. Things get said in the media in ways that often lead to the wrong conclusions. And I mean basically you're not far from saying that Kvitova is almost brain-dead. I'd think that they lost/fired their male hitting partners and were focused on other things so it just went by the wayside for a while. Now they're trying to find out what's "wrong" so that's raised as a possible factor. Her poor play hasn't been about her not getting to balls or being overwhelmed by hyper-spin or power. She just hasn't been fully engaged mentally and - probably as a result - hasn't been making her own shots too often. A male hitting partner won't help with either of those things. Plus she did fine on the US hard-court segment without one.