TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova's YEC 2012 (1 match and a withdrawal)

View Single Post

Old Oct 13th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #73
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova's YEC 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Yes. They're like the Gang That Can't Shoot Straight, the Three Stooges (when they had Ivanko) or any other metaphors/examples of haplessness you can come up with . Well intentioned; just comical at times.
Dang. You and a few others talk about these people like they're idiots. Which is of course nonsense. What's interesting is that it seems that some would rather think that "they're nice and clueless" rather than think that Kvitova has been lacking in her hunger to dominate. (Although she didn't win a major before she made the mental shift Azarenka is a good comparison. Her game hasn't changed - her attitude changed and desire to dominate increased.) Earlier this year - I was saying much the same thing and yeah I still think that I'd have her fit, toned and sharp. But really, Kviotva is the Czech tennis #1 - the people around her have access to all the advice they want. If it really is a team problem it is probably because underneath the "nice" exterior her coach has a "this is my thing, I'm gonna keep control and do it how I like" attitude.