TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Peak Venus would destroy Peak Serenka in straight sets

View Single Post

Old Oct 13th, 2012, 03:03 PM   #128
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Peak Venus would destroy Peak Serenka in straight sets

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrollaneres25 View Post
This match displays the closest we've seen of them near both of their peaks at the same time. Serena came out on top, but she still had to fend off a match point. I think it's safe to say Peak Vee and Peak Rena are more than likely EVENLY MATCHED!

Not so sure if I could call this their 'peak'. But GREAT match and great example of their style of play.
However even with this example Serena's clutch-serving, desire to win (mental strength), and return game demonstrated the difference between the two. I suppose it depends on ones perspective though.

Best points of the match:
That incredible top-spin lob from Serena at 08:36.
That magnificent volley from Serena at the net @ 11:53.
The athleticism and shot selections starting @13:41, won by Venus.
And the wonderful BH-DTL shot by Serena.

Aside:
I wonder what people think of Venus' "psychology" in this match?
She even started grunting with maximum effort in the 3rd set.
Nice contribution jrollaneres25.
SERENA: "I hate losing more than I love winning" | RVD: Knowledge(able)…?- In issues researched that interests me and affect my life directly. | Understand(ing)…?- Many subjects & topics in general; with an unquenchable thirst and open mind to learn more. | Experienced…?- In courses of study, and adversities faced. | Racism…?- Living it everyday; experiencing it’s pain in every way; knowing it’ll never go away; and fully understand the futility of arguing it’s ‘evils’ with 'the ignorant' more than I could possibly say.
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote