TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Anett Kontaveit

Thread: Anett Kontaveit
View Single Post

Old Oct 13th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #1372
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Says she will play Minsk and Helsinki, then stays at home for a couple of weeks and then off to Thailand to prepare for the next season. Also mentioned that before AO she might play a tournament in NZL starting at the very end of Dec or so. Does she mean Auckland WTA?

AO is going to be important for her, because that might be the last junior tournament. She wants to win of course after already having 2 semis and a final, but on the other hand she doesn't want to put too much pressure on herself.

Says she has had to turn down some local sponsorship (advertising) agreements due to lack of time.
Where is all this. I can't see any of it
Anyway, I think Anett will make QD. One year Dekmeijere made it and Shenzhen is supposedly 500K now
The one thing I like about Anett's scheduling is that despite her having a frustratingly low ranking, every tournament seems to have a purpose. then when she gets really low she goes and wins a 10K somewhere and brings her ranking back up. Every tournament she plays IMO will help her in the long run

She might get a Doubles WC with Emily
Emily was actually getting a lot of press attention after their win, having about 5 articles about her and they even mentioned that her partner went on to win the tournament At least she will get to see her good friend

It would be great to see Anett play some tournaments in Equatorial Asia, as she has had success there before and the fields are normally weaker than East-Asia

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote