TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Donna Vekic

Thread: Donna Vekic
View Single Post

Old Oct 13th, 2012, 06:06 AM   #2524
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

Can't say I remember when was I this satisfied with a defeat. Pulling world's number 31 into a tie-break is major in my book. Not only that, but this is #31 who also has good defensive skills and is quite fast out there, not to mention varies her game a lot and is tactically superior (to put it mildly) to any 16 y.o. This fact that she mixes things up a lot and uses a good deal of the court is probably the best thing for Donna in this match, as there's hardly a better way to learn on court than to watch someone who is very good in many different aspects of the game. If she would've won the tie-break who knows how things would develop by the end of the match, but this, combined with 2 marathons in the previous rounds, probably created too high of an obstacle. Oh well, we can at least say that she'll surely get another chance

Anyway, good job this week, as the 3rd seed she did what she was supposed to and that's the most important thing. She got some match play in, faced some solid opposition and can be satisfied before planning a trip to Korea.
ma re is online now View My Blog!