TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Bigger gap on clay- Serena vs Henin or Federer vs Nadal

View Single Post

Old Oct 12th, 2012, 10:42 PM   #447
country flag TennisPhan

TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future
Re: Bigger gap on clay- Serena vs Henin or Federer vs Nadal

a tough one, because if we look at the statistics the gap between serena and henin is bigger on clay than between federer and nadal.

..but if you have followed tennis closely and use your brains it is obvious that the gap between federer and nadal is bigger, because nadal has a mental and stylistic advantage over federer. Fed played his absolute best in rolland garros a couple of times and just couldnt beat nadal. funny thing I found out recently is that nadal leads 12-2 against both federer and djokovic (STATISTICS right?), but I see djokovic as having a MUCH better chance to beat rafa on clay than federer has, because of the style/mental aspect.

..and I had the same feeling with serena. henin was not in serena's head on clay. when serena brings her "A" game you know that she CAN win anytime and if u do look at the statistics, some matches on clay were very close (much closer than fed/nadal matches).

I know i'm mentioning feelings a lot, but hey we are humans and statistics never describe the whole story. im not defending serena here, because i feel the same for henin when she made her last comeback, she lost 3 times against clijsters who was in great shape, while henin was still trying to find her "A" game.
TennisPhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote