TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova's YEC 2012 (1 match and a withdrawal)

View Single Post

Old Oct 12th, 2012, 09:19 PM   #63
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold
Re: Petra Kvitova's YEC 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Agreed.

I don't think Petra's lazy or lacks ambition per se. She and her team are just uneven too many times, and don't appear (in their actions) to know what it really takes to be great. They're like the nice, cute. unassuming tadpoles, Goldfish or guppies swimming in veritable shark infested waters.

They appear to lack a consistency of high standards and focus through out a tennis season, with too many inexcusable dips and mistakes from all of them.

I been ragging on them more lately, cause I don't see any improvements, while they continue to make dumb mistakes.

Like you, I'll never write Petra off--due to her talent and unpredictability. But at the same time, you don't expect her to do well, just cause it's destined. You would like good planning, confidence and conditioning, hard work, practices and expert tweaking of her game--to have positive effects as well.

At this moment, I don't think Petra and her team have distinguished themselves at the highest levels of preparation. Of course things can change. But until it does, you gotta wonder when/if it will. And like you said: What will Petra's development bring for the end of 2012 and 2013?

That's the scary part/proposition. Stay tuned.
that's exactly what I've always thought...it's not down to laziness or anything like that. more cluelessness than anything else.

I will say it's kind of refreshing to be a fan of someone inconsistent. You never take wins for granted :P or losses, for that matter.

Still afraid of the 2013 season but I keep thinking in the back of my mind that perhaps there will be some ridiculous turnaround, and 2012 will be looked at as the year she needed to settle into things, and 2013 will be the ~projected dominance that 2012 was supposed to be. And then I think ohhh God I shouldn't get my hopes up.
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote