TennisForum.com - View Single Post - YEC qualifiers record against each other

View Single Post

Old Oct 12th, 2012, 05:15 PM   #71
country flag andyjason

andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold
Re: YEC qualifiers record against each other

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeraByte View Post
General statistics don't tell us everything. You may say that I assert this because I am a fan of Aga Radwańska. But let me show you the paradox: without the last year - after all, the best year in her career - Radwańska's H2H against Azarenka and Na Li would look much better: 3-5 and 2-2, respectively! Even her overall statistics against top 8 would look better: 12-22, instead of 17-32! Had been Agnieszka less consistent and more lucky this year, she wouldn't play Azarenka that much. She played against her 6 times, Masha played 5 times, Serena - 4 times, Kerber - 2, Kvitova - 0, Errani - 0, Li - 2 times. Plus for the most of these encounters Aga wasn't as lucky as Sharapova, who didn't usually met Azarenka before final, at least - semifinal. And, with the exception of Serena, Azarenka was nearly unbeatable during this year. Do you believe that H2H against Azarenka of: Kerber, Kvitova, Errani and Li would look still so good, if in 2012 they'd played with Victoria so many times as Radwańska?

The H2H with Li is quite a different thing. During this year Agnieszka played with Na 4 times: 2 times in Montreal and Cincy where she was at the bottom of her recent form, just after the Wimbledon climax, and additionaly playing with injury; another time in Beijing, with smaller injury, but much more tired with the long season during which she played 19 more matches than Li. She lost all those three matches, but I believe that during them she played at the level of ca 50-60% of her normal form. In Stuttgart - after all, on Li's best surface - 70% Agnieszka won in three sets.

Therefore I don't think that in Istanbul she should be afraid, at least of Na Li. Hopefully she'll be able to rest enough during these two weeks.
Your words implies that when Aga is healthy, she can beat Li undoubtedly.
But the fact is Li play well against Aga esp. on HC. After Carlos joined the team, Li played much better against Aga.
Aga dosn't have that high level of defense like Caro, so Li isn't much afraid of Aga's game plan.
andyjason is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote