TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova's YEC 2012 (1 match and a withdrawal)

View Single Post

Old Oct 12th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #62
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova's YEC 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
It was in Czech press around Wimbledon, i don't remember just before or after it, She said that she stopped hitting with Adam cause she can't handle his power because he was hitting too hard for her or something like that. We need to ask Petronius maybe he remembers that article.

I think even Petra don't know in what direction she wants to move besides just simple winning and dominating, I'm waiting for this off season because it can be milestone in her career how they handle her sophomore slump and how they retool her team.
Agreed.

I don't think Petra's lazy or lacks ambition per se. She and her team are just uneven too many times, and don't appear (in their actions) to know what it really takes to be great. They're like the nice, cute. unassuming tadpoles, Goldfish or guppies swimming in veritable shark infested waters.

They appear to lack a consistency of high standards and focus through out a tennis season, with too many inexcusable dips and mistakes from all of them.

I been ragging on them more lately, cause I don't see any improvements, while they continue to make dumb mistakes.

Like you, I'll never write Petra off--due to her talent and unpredictability. But at the same time, you don't expect her to do well, just cause it's destined. You would like good planning, confidence and conditioning, hard work, practices and expert tweaking of her game--to have positive effects as well.

At this moment, I don't think Petra and her team have distinguished themselves at the highest levels of preparation. Of course things can change. But until it does, you gotta wonder when/if it will. And like you said: What will Petra's development bring for the end of 2012 and 2013?

That's the scary part/proposition. Stay tuned.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote