TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova's YEC 2012 (1 match and a withdrawal)

View Single Post

Old Oct 12th, 2012, 02:23 PM   #59
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has disabled reputation
Re: Petra Kvitova's YEC 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
I'm glad you noticed.

I didn't want to keep beating a dead horse alone.

Sometimes you gotta wonder, what's Petra's team is thinking.

If something worked last year, why not replicate it this year? Even if you have to hire people per diem, part or full time. Why not? She made $5 million dollars in prize money alone last year. Like I said previously, "they don't act like a team with a player of Petra's caliber". I find it incredulous, that they weren't using a male hitting partner most of the year. SMH

You know how they always say "the 900 ranked male can beat the top ranked woman (I think Adam was 500-800 )"?

OK. How low are these young schmucks (and where you start to get diminishing returns)? But like you said. Back to the Juniors.
Petra said that Adam was hitting way too hard for her and they ditch him, i guess that's why they didn't hire anybody else but Kotyza should've know better that proper hitting partner cant tweak his shots but juniors can't and coach better coaching when watching player not when hitting with one because you can't properly evaluate stuff. Maybe now they find some kids that would hit with power that Petra needs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Oh, and PS Shifty: Adam was with Petra at Linz as well (you may or may not had been saying that in your previous post). He was even listed in her box as "coach" by Eurosport.

You could tell Jo Durie knew who he was and didn't want to touch it (cause she smiled and almost laughed when they showed him on Camera--listing him as Petra's "coach").
I think he was there just as her boyfriend but maybe she hit with him few times, who knows
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote